Saturday, August 31, 2013

Transportation

So in the past year that I've lived on my own, my transportation has evolved quite a lot.

One year ago, when I started out, I had a scooter. Most people upon hearing that say something along the lines of, "Oh cool. Is it just a little electric one?" No I had a foot powered scooter. I seriously just hopped on it and just ride down hill to school. It was pretty awesome and when I feel like I haven't put in enough effort getting from place to place I even still ride it.

After awhile my parents bought me a bicycle at a garage sale. It was a pretty decent bicycle. The problem was that I am short and it was built for a person who wasn't. I rode it a couple times before I decided being alive and uninjured was nice and continued on with the scooter.

When the second semester of college began my parents had boughten another bicycle off of some friends. This one was slightly too small, but with creative adjustments I had a fully functioning bicycle I could ride to go do things. I finally had timely transportation.

It was such a nice bike and hadthe added benefit if being pink so very few people weren't surprised when they learned it was mine. (I also have a pink phone which somehow happens to boggle everyone's mind.) This bike met a very sad demise though when I was coming home from work at 3:00am.

Some dill hole ran into the front tire with his car. I was crossing on the crosswalk. I wasn't even riding and I was doing so with the light, but this jackass decided that turning left was more important than my being alive and while he turned left plowed into my front tire obliterating my bike. The bastard didn't even slow down. Just kept going. And for added effect he was on the wrong side of the rode as well.

So for at least a month I had two bicycles sitting in my apartment neither of which was ridable for me. Then a couple weeks ago I got a brand new bicycle that is just my size and works wonderfully so I had three bicycles filling up my living room.

Since I first got the bicycle that was too big, I had been trying to sell it or even give it to someone. People would mention that they needed a bike and I'd say, "well, I have an extra one if you'd like it." Then they just shrug it off as if they realize that if someone gives them a bicycle they have no excuse to be out of shape.

That is until last night. I was taking the nonfunctioning bicycle down to the dumpster when a lady who had just moved in asked if I was getting rid of it and said she'd take it. This allowed me to offer her the one that was too big and she took it! Hallelujah!

It only took me ten months to get rid of the blasted thing. (It's like the worlds most unwanted bicycle.) I now have so much free space in my living room, I don't even know what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment