Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wal-Mart

I'm not a huge fan of Wal-Mart, but on occasion end up buying something there anyways. (It's the closest place to get certain things.) Wal-Mart while having a low prices tends to also be filled with some pretty jank items. Even the brand name items seem to lack in quality compared to items bought at other stores.

Any clothing I get from there falls apart pretty quickly. For Christmas one year, I received a pair of Levi jeans from Wal-Mart. After one day of running around on rocks and trees with my cousin they were obliterated. There was absolutely no ass left in them. I purchased a shirt from Wal-Mart. A month later, it got caught on the doorknob of our kitchen door (which is blunt by the way) and ripped a hole in the back of the shirt.

While jank clothing is one thing (it's really only a problem at televised half-time shows), jank food is an entirely different thing. Awhile ago, I bought a container of lemonade mix for a backpacking trip that didn't happen. We decided to use it tonight for dinner. I glanced at the label and it had this notice posted, "May contain traces of milk, eggs, tilapia, and wheat or soy." Tilapia? What the heck? That's a type of fish! Why the heck would a drink mix contain traces of fish? Seriously, what the heck? It was Wal-Mart brand and it was cheep, but, seriously, what type of processing equipment do they use?

If there wasn't enough of an incentive to boycott Wal-Mart before, there certainly is now. I will not be purchasing any more Wal-Mart brand food items. I don't care if it costs more to buy it somewhere else. I like my lemonade without fish. The fact that a food item may contain fish isn't even the issue. It's the fact that a drink item might contain traces of it. Honestly, Wal-Mart what the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment