Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Petty Arguments

The world can be burning and people will still be arguing over stupid shit. As many will without a doubt know there is a huge fire not terribly close to me, but close to many of my friends. Of course my family is worried and concerned  about it, but that doesn't sway anyone from their normal routine. We are still arguing, yelling, and blaming our problems on inanimate objects. While we're all so terribly concerned, we decided to take a break from that today and resume our normal schedule of arguing.

Petty Argument #1
Today my younger sister had the day off from her job (a fact she has stated more times than I have books). I got up at noon. Not an unfair time as far as I'm concerned and learned that I was required to do the chores, so I did them. I then chilled for a little bit. I attempted watching TV. I watched about ten minutes of Loony Tunes before my sister jacked the TV (even though she told me I could watch whatever). So I started making the lasagna for dinner. My sister started watching a movie and I informed her I was going to turn on music in the kitchen so she could either go upstairs and watch the movie in my room or on her laptop. She told me no, so of course I did so anyways. I turned it on and after yelling at me for about five minutes she slapped me in the arm and stormed upstairs.


Petty Argument #2 Giant Petty Blow-up
This evening, after dinner it was time to do the chores. I asked if my younger sister could do them, since I did them this morning. Little did I know this would spark a completely ridiculous argument. While news about the giant f-ing fire played in the background, I got to listen to my parents and sister scream at each other. (Seriously, banshees would have been preferable.) My dad (being the genius he is) decided that her reluctance to go do the chores was the result of the internet (rather than the fact that no one like to do the chores). After the yelling match, my dad told my sister she was grounded if she didn't go do them, then stormed out to go do the chores. She then stormed out to do the chores. This resulted in more yelling that, if my neighbors were ever home, might actually result in the calling of cops. My mother than came back into the living room and yelled at me to do the dishes. (Which, by the way, I had already volunteered to do.) My mother than unplugged the internet. My sister came storming back inside pissed off and crying. Then after a moment yelled at my mother about having unplugged the internet. I then did the dishes (and even put them away) and asked nicely about getting the internet back.

It amazes me how my family can put their energy towards getting overly pissed off about something like the chores when there's a huge wildfire closing in. It also amazes me how they manage to find something inanimate to blame. I promise you that problem is not and has never been the internet. Nor is it the television, the book I'm reading, or the influence of our friends. I've yet to actually see a time when being a dick helps. Nor have I seen yelling at someone for a stupid reason help. Chill is a five letter word and my family could benefit greatly from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment