Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mysterious Projects

When my family gets into arguments over chores, the fact that my father's not helping tends to be brought up. My mother always responds with, "He's been doing other things all day."

What are these mysterious other things that he has been doing. As far as I can tell, they involve laying on his bed fiddling with historic guns, reading about historic guns, or sleeping. Either that or they involve laying on the living room floor playing with historic guns,  watching TV about old crap (Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Storage Wars), or sleeping. I have yet to actually witness these other things my father does.

On occasion, he does go somewhere for the day (which is nice because he's not annoying me) and then comes back having bought something from a garage sale or antique store. There are also his many projects that he supposedly works on. While you might actually see him working on these it is a rarity to see him actually finish one. These project usually include making something for reenacting or making a model of old fashioned towns.

These are the only things I see my dad working on. If these are the things that are being referred to, then I would like it if my personally artsy projects counted towards getting out of washing dishes. I'm pretty sure that there's a list of things that he needs to fix and even bought the stuff to do so. How long ago was it that he planned to fix the leak in the horse tank?

No comments:

Post a Comment