Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Embarrassing Moments

Everyone has at least one moment where they were embarrassed. My most embarrassing moment tops a lot of peoples most embarrassing moments. Not everyone's, but I've yet to meet someone with a more embarrassing one.

My freshman year in art class. We were working on a charcoal unit. To start us of my teacher put an image up on screen and told us to sketch it. As time went on she focused it in more and more. At the end of the class period she told us to put our drawings up on the wall.

Next class she told us to take down our drawings and get started. Mine wasn't on the wall. I told me teacher that my drawing wasn't there. She asked me which one was mine. I told her and she nodded. She had me follow her over to her desk where she pulled my drawing out of a drawer.

She asked, "Did you do this on purpose?"

I had no idea what she was talking about, but I shook my head and said, "No."

She handed me my drawing and I headed to my desk and began working. I saw my art teacher walk over to the other teacher and I could tell that she was telling her about what had just happened. I was confused. That is, I was confused until the other art teacher yelled across the art room, "Bad Penis Girl! No more penises on the wall!"

That statement cleared my confusion until it was crystal clear and gift wrapped in a nickname. From that day on, whenever I'd pass the other art teacher she'd say something along the lines of, "I know you. You're The Penis Drawer. So, when are you gonna take my class?"

It wasn't until my senior year, when I finally took her class, that she learned my name and stopped calling me The Penis Drawer. I was so happy when she said my actual name during role call. I was actually quite amazed. Since there was another Sarah in the class, I half expected her to just call me Penis Drawer for the rest of high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment