Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Velociraptors

When I first was allowed to watch Jurassic Park all the way through, (not just the scene where the baby velociraptor is born) I was like six. So at the perfect age to start enjoying it when people got ripped apart on film, velociraptors became my favorite. Let's face it velociraptors are kind of the most bad ass of all the dinosaurs.

In Jurassic Park, the velociraptors are large, intelligent, hungry lizards. Now everytime I look at an updated image of a velociraptor, the damn thing gets more feathers. It started with a tuft or two on the top of their heads in Jurassic Park III and has progressed ever since. Last I checked, it was looking like a very angry cross between a turkey and a parrot. The velociraptor is like a drag queen slowly getting more comfortable with it's sexuality and love of the performing arts.

While the velociraptor still remains totally awesome for it's ripping apart ability, I have a feeling the next time I see a picture of one it's going to look like an Angry Bird. Just a round ball of poofy brightly colored feathers. A very violent, six foot long ball of poofy feathers, but a ball of poofy feathers none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment