Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Holidays

In my family, the Holidays are the time of year when we trudge through snow in our backyard looking for the perfect Christmas tree, make candy cane cookies, have guests over for tea, and of course have mindless freak outs. Around the holidays I get yelled at a lot. Today alone, I have been yelled to watch out for the train every time I walked past the tree, yelled at to stop stuffing my face when all was doing was eating one peanut butter cookie, and a few other things that aren't really important.

Last night my sister had a major freak out about decorating the house. While she was trying to put a garland of wooden cranberries on the stairwell. She couldn't find the tape so she freaked out. I gave her ribbon and told her to just tie it. It slipped out of her hand so she freaked out. I had walked away because I was about to go feed the animals so she freaked out and smacked me on the shoulder.

In the next week while me and my sister finish up finals, I'm sure there will be plenty of other freak outs and yelling matches. Some will be about wrapping paper others about garland and ribbon and I'm almost positive there will be more yelling at me because I have the potential to break something.

My family honestly needs to learn the meaning of relax. You don't have to make the garland look perfect. Heck, you don't even have to put it up. The tree looks fine. I won't step on the train. I will not knock the nativity set off of the shelf. Lighting a candle will not burn down the house. And I promise that I will not send my yo-yo flying into the new TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment