Monday, January 2, 2012

Oblivious

I'm oblivious on many things. On most occasions I'm the last to know things. Heck sometimes I'm even the last to know things that actively have to do with me. Often times when my mom plans something for the family I only learn about the night before. I'm not sure if this is because I just pay no attention or if no one actually tells me anything. Honestly I would say that it's both.

I'm not even just oblivious about what happens around me. I'm also horribly oblivious about what I do. When I get excited you might as well throw observance into a boiling pit of lava. There have been many occasions where I've gotten excited about something. Then fallen on my face because I tripped over something. Once I did an epic leap over the dog and landed perfectly. I was really proud that I stuck the landing. Then I took one step, tripped over my grandma's oxygen hose and THUMP! I was down.

I don't even just get injured when oblivious attacks. I do some dumb things as well. I went to the library, gotten really excited because they had a manga series that I was really excited to read, and with out reading I grabbed the whole series off the shelf. When I was checking them out I noticed that I had grabbed two copies of each book. I felt really bad that the librarian had to re-shelve half the books (but then he was rude about it so I felt a little less bad). I felt like a dumb ass.

Now I once again I feel like a dumb ass. Earlier today, I went shopping and got really excited when I saw that they had The Muppets soundtrack. I grabbed a copy off the shelf again not really looking. When I got home and was about to open it I discovered that I had bought a copy of it that was in Spanish. Or as it says on the cover, "LOS MUPPETS: INCLUYE: LA MUSICA ORIGINAL DE LA PELUCULA EN ESPANOL"

I'm a dumb ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment