Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bubble Bursters

Raise your hand if you're a bubble burster. (If you just raised your hand you probably look stupid and should be ashamed of yourself.) Bubble bursters are terribly annoying people. These are the people that when you're spouting nonsense about something that would be awesome have to pipe in and say some shit about physics. 
That smoke is your creativity, children.
While many are good decent people and I get along with just fine, they have this habit of reminding everyone of the real world. My older sister is  a bubble burster. Nothing against her she just always has to make sure people are talking about things that could possible happen. When I said it would be fun to name a child !!!, she insisted on reminding me that you have to have sound in a name for it to be legal. Don't get me wrong she's creative and awesome and fun to talk to, but her creative conversations insist on obeying the laws of the universe.  
Pictured: how you pronounce !!!
 (Also this show was awesome and you should know what it is.)
While I am full aware of the real world, I enjoy the fact that my mind doesn't have to be in it. Bubble bursters don't seem to understand this fact.  They are the people who can't watch movies because there are inaccuracies in them.  My dad is one of these. If you watch anything involving history he's there to tell you that the color of that sleeve is inaccurate for the time period portrayed. 
This movie alone would give him an aneurism.
I, for one, love cartoons. Especially old ones. Scooby Doo Where are You?, Loony Tunes, and Tom & Jerry are awesome! (If you even considered arguing otherwise you are wrong.) They of course don't believe that physics is a thing until you remember it is. My dad of course forgets this. I generally have to say, "It's a cartoon," more times during an episode of Scooby Doo than Shaggy eats food. He insists on informing me that a saw couldn't chase after Daphne across water.
Because the talking dog isn't a problem.
While I appreciate your concern for my worldly knowledge, chill out. I don't think it matters if the duck would die from a gun shot. The fact that his bill just spun around his face is irrelevant and you are supposed to laugh. 

To some extent everyone's a bubble burster. Myself included. Sure in some cases bubbles need bursting.
Exibit A: Bad idea
But when it's that the cowboys in Cowboys and Aliens would totally lose, no one cares. I am well aware I can't walk off a cliff and survive unharmed. I am also aware that physics is a thing, laws do apply to me, and that you can't re-inflate yourself after being flattened.
I also know this is a bad idea. Seriously, I would never give my cat a gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment