Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stubborn

Ever had one of those wars with someone where they ask you to do something, but you won't? There's really no reason why you can't do what they ask or they can't do what you ask. You just don't want the satisfaction of them winning. I have one of these wars going on with my cat.

I am the only person on the planet who can out stubborn my cat. I give her some canned food twice a day in order to give her her medicine. She of course thinks she needs it more than that. She has dry food everyday all day long, but won't eat it if I'm around. She refuses to give me the satisfaction of her eating her food. I refuse to give her extra canned food. She only eats it if I'm asleep or not home.

Like these things often do, the war has esculated. My cat has taken serious action. When I am asleep and wake up just enough to roll over and reposistion myself my cat is one me. I roll over, get comfortable, am almost asleep, then BAM! She's in there. She starts nibbling on my elbows. She bites them just enough that it hurts, but doesn't leave marks. The next wave of warfare has begun.

I have tried shutting my door. It doesn't latch properly so she body slams it until it opens. I've tried petting her when she lays down next to me to launch her attack. Her attack just includes my hands and the rest of my arms. The only solution I've discovered is blanket reconesence. If I cover all available skin with a blanket or clothing she can't bite it.

This more dificult than you'd think. My apartment gets horribly hot most of the time. Coverin my self entirely with a blanket is farely torturous. I have two options roast or be bitten. Getting up and feeding the cat canned food is not an option. I can and will continue to out stubborn my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment