Saturday, February 18, 2012

Religion

I get that some people are religious and good for them. I really don't give a crap if you want to pray five times a day and dance the Mamba for your religion. I just ask that you don't tell me that I have to do the same. I'm just not a religious person. As far as I'm concerned life's too short to sit still, yet alone spend an hour a week listening to someone tell me about the contents of a book.

It's absolutely crazy how often people feel the need to inform me of my wrong doings. People can be absolutely crazy when it comes to religion. People actually feel the need to put billboards up along the interstate. Billboards that say stuff like "Jesus is Real" or "Jesus is There for You." If you want to pay for a billboard I don't care, but you don't have to post them once a mile a long a stretch of interstate.

It's even worse in small towns like mine. Once I went to the bathroom during class. There was this chick in there that I sort of knew so I said hello and asked how she was. You know typical stuff. She replied, "I'm okay, but Jesus is great. I don't know if you believe in that." I replied telling her that I wasn't really religious, but I didn't care if she was. She then proceeded to give me a lecture about how I should consider letting Jesus into my heart and blablabla. She talked for like three minutes while she blocked the door to the bathroom. Seriously, it's sad if you can't go pee without getting a lecture on religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment