Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clothing

Most people know someone who complains about how chicks dress to impress guys. The funny thing is that the guys don't really care. Sure they love it when a chick is wearing skimpy clothes. (Ask any straight guy. They won't disagree.) But overall most guys don't really care that much about what a girl is wearing.

It's other chicks that are worried about how other girls look. When I chick is wearing skimpy clothes, it's her fellow chicks that are calling her a slut. The guys are just grateful. They're the one's who say mean stuff about each other. They're the only ones that care. I promise you a guy won't reject you just because of your clothing (maybe for other shallow and obnoxious reasons).

I dress pretty much like a guy. None of my guys friends (not counting the gay one) have ever glanced twice at what I wear. (With the exception of when I wore skirt for spirit week.) My dad has never bothered giving a crap about what I wear. My mom and sisters have spent and incredible amount of time nagging me to dress more like a girl. I asked my friend to help me dress girly for  Freaky Friday during spirit week (if you know me there's nothing freakier than that). She spent a good twenty minutes begging me about certain items of clothing. (Honestly, if my sisters haven't convinced me in eighteen years, you're not going to in twenty minutes.) It's sad how frustrated she was about it.

All in all people care way to much about clothing. If you want to dress nice go for it, but don't expect me to do the same.

P.S. This is just a random side note. Last year in my psychology class a group of kids did an experiment on peoples reactions to cross dressing. People acted less weird about he chick in guys clothing, but a lot of people weren't okay with it either. When they asked people about why they disagreed with it, most people said that it was for religious reasons. Now I'm not an expert on the Bible, but I don't believe it says anything about cross dressing. If you happen to find one though, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment