Monday, September 10, 2012

Diversity

Where I grew up, diversity was hard to come by. (See The Twilight Zone Theory) It is very much a white, republican, gun toting area.

For the first few days after I moved, I was still thinking in the "Oh my gosh, an asian!" mentallity. I wasn't really concerned about it. I just had to get over the excitement of seeing diversity.

The area where I currently live is seriously the most diverse area I've ever been to. There are people from all over the world here. In my English class alone, there are people from India, Korea, Mexico, Canada (not overly exotic but still), and Africa. In my math class, there is even more diversity. The majority of people don't have blonde hair and blue eyes.

The amount of diversity and friendly attitudes is overwhelming. Not a single person has been rude to me. I've met a total of one person who gets on my nerves and that's only because of his cocky demeaner. He's not rude (outside of post-production class).

No comments:

Post a Comment