Thursday, September 13, 2012

Truely Terrifying Moments

As of right now, I can think of only a handful of moments that have truly terrified me. They don't come all that often but when they do you sure as hell know it.

When I was about six or seven, I was privy to one of my family's stay all summer and never leave 'scapades. I had just gone upstairs for some reason I don't remember and was coming back down them when an angry two hundred pound woman wearing an ill-fitting and ugly wig grabbed me by my shirt collar. It was what is collectively know as MAM. She started yelling at me about not helping Grandma. While I don't remember exactly what I was doing, I'm pretty sure I had either just brought something upstairs for grandma or brought something else upstairs and was coming down to help Grandma. Either way I was intending to help Grandma. When a two hundred pound, red faced woman, is holding you six year old body off the ground (by your shirt) you are lucky not to shit your pants.

Rolling a car is another truely terrifying moment. (No matter how pathetic the cicumstances. See The Perfect Ending) When your adrenaline is pumping that hard you realize that what your doing was the wrong choice, but have no way of changing it. You're brain is ahead of your body and for a moment you see the future. The only thing in it is your fail. You know it won't end well, but can't do anything to stop it. There were two moments of terror. The first was from when I fished tailed to when I hit the bank. There was a moment of almost relief. Then terror slammed into me again as the car tipped.

Another incredibly terrifying moment was yesterday when we were attempting to download our footage for our first film. After standing in the rain for an hour and a half we thought that our footage had either been deleted or not recorded at all. For a fraction of a second, there was a collective holding of our breath as our heart plummeted to our feet. Thanks to one incredibly nice albino, we figured out that the battery was dying and it was reading the wrong memory storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment