Saturday, May 19, 2012

Graduation Party

In less than a week, I am graduating from high school. That alone is an incredibly strange feeling. Today, I had a graduation party. A few of my friends came over, hung out, goofed around, and as usual I was injured. But I'll start with some of the simple absurdities.

While walking past the horse pen me and a friend stopped to pet the horse. We were petting him and Rocky, being the giant paint in the ass he is, started to nibble on my friends shirt. He then grabbed one of the buttons and ripped it off her shirt. There was a moment or two when we thought the horse actually ate the button. Then we saw it on the ground. For the next five minutes while we walked up to my house, we were laughing until we couldn't breathe and our abs were in knots.

Now to the tale of my nasal injury. Actually we'll wait a moment longer and I'll tell you about my almost injury.

I being the dorky, nerdy person I am, own a pair of practice katanas. (Note: I don't actually do kendo or fencing or anything with them.) I brought these out and me and my friends took turns pretending to kill each other. I was fighting with one of my guy friends (in fact the one my sister is dating), and he brought down the sword. It lightly smacked into my face right below my eye. It stung for a small moment, then I was fine. My glasses took the force of that blow. The nose pad on the left side was flat against the lens. It is a good thing I still have half of a two year warranty on them.

Now (and this time I'm not lying) to the tale of my injury.

Me being the genius that I am, was launching one of these practice swords straight into the air with my foot then catching it in my hand. I did this several times without issue. My friend then asked how I was doing it. After showing her, I did it one more time and accidentally launched it at my face. It flew up and slammed into my right nostril, leaving me with the feeling of a stubbed toe, but in your face. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I stubbed my nose. My nose bled very little. My nostril however swelled shut and any blood that did decide to ooze went through my nasal cavity and either out my left nostril or down the back of my throat.

It's official I can't have a party without some form of injury. Despite my stubbed nose, I had a blast. I am super excited to graduate (as well as terrified, melancholy, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment