Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shyness

Out of my family, I get the wrap as being the shy one. I generally just don't start conversations. I'm a quiet person. I will, however, always talk back if someone talks to me. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not terrified of people. My younger sibling on the other hand is terrified of people.

My younger sister never gets the wrap as being the shy one, when in reality, she is far shyer than I ever was. She doesn't have an issue saying every thought that pops into her head when she's around people she knows, but put her in a room full of people she doesn't know and she won't even be able to ask for the  bathroom.

We went out to dinner with my family at the same restaurant we always eat at. Since we go there all the time, everyone there knows us and she had no issue going to ask the staff for napkins when I spilled my tea. An hour later, we had to stop at the police station for my dad to file a police report (don't even ask).

While we were waiting in the car, my younger sister informed us that she had to pee. Being in a small, spread out town we had to walk all the way across it to get to the grocery store. The grocery store was closed, so she couldn't use it's bathroom. Luckily for us, there's a restaurant right next door that has a restroom. Unluckily for us, my sister couldn't just go inside and ask if she could use the bathroom. She wanted me to do it for her. I refused. She's the one that had to pee. Seriously, it is a few simple words, "Excuse me may I use your restroom?" Most places and people really don't care, plus the people in there are always super nice. She wouldn't listen to me, so we walked back across town to the gas station.

She got to pee and she didn't even have to talk to someone. (We did get glared at by the guy working in the station, but that's unimportant.) We then had to walk back to the light so that she we could get back across the highway to the police station. It somehow didn't seem like a smart idea to jaywalk right in front of the police station. Seriously, who knew peeing could be so complicated.

While I don't start up conversations with people, I can at least ask for extra dipping sauce or the toilet without my big sister there to do so for me.

A Small Side Conversation On Peeing: 
While walking to the gas station, my sister informed that peeing was a useless function. I informed her it was necessary for expelling toxins from our body. She informed me it would be easier if people just vomited instead of peeing. I informed her it's far more difficult to hold back vomit and would be far more inconvenient (but since she has an amazing ability to only vomit at inconvenient times, it wouldn't make to much of a difference). 

No comments:

Post a Comment