Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Procrastination

I am a procrastinator. I have procrastinated my way through middle school and now high school, but it never really made that much of an impact on me. I have always been able to ass around until the last minute and get what I needed to done with a minimal amount of stress. That is until I encountered the American Government final project of one Mr. Pappadakis.

It is over fifteen of the amendments. It doesn't seem to be all that daunting when at the beginning of the semester you receive the project. then you sit down to do it. Even if you start early it is mental torture. It's not even that difficult to do. It's just so mindlessly boring it drains your energy and within moments your brain starts finding excuses to procrastinate.

One night after finishing half a page your brain will decide that that's enough so you go to bed. Another night you'll decide that you just can't focus on something that tedious, so you play Final Fantasy. Another day you'll start off again then come up with a brilliant idea for a blog, so you'll do that. This goes on and on. You don't even realize how torturous the project is until the night before it's due when you only have four pages done. (It takes about thirty pages to do this assignment.)

The day before it's due. You wake up early and plan to dedicate all day on this. Only you don't think that it will actually take you all day. Maybe five hours tops. That is so not the case. The morning morning before it was due, I woke up turned on my computer so that it could warm up. I went downstairs and got some breakfast, came back upstairs and got to work. I was dedicated. About three hours in I was hungry. Went down stairs. Two hours after that I was hungry again and went downstairs to get food. An hour after that I was hungry again and you guessed it, I went downstairs and got food. My body was even trying to get me to procrastinate.

I got up at 9:30am and started working at 10:00am. I was working on my project from 10:00am to 9:30pm. that is eleven and a half hours. (A little less if you cut out the bathroom breaks, food breaks, and beverage breaks.) I then had to get a ride to my younger sisters boyfriend's house (he's also my guy friend), where we printed out these projects.

To anyone who ever happens to take Mr. Pappadakis's government class start on the final they day he starts going over the amendments. If you don't you will come increasingly close to having your head explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment