Saturday, November 17, 2012

Apathy

Apathy is an interesting thing. Throughout my life I've been apathetic to many many things. Usually things that I've either done so many times they've grown boring, things that are just uninteresting, or things that I have no say in.

The last item on that list included voting until quite recently. Things that remain uninteresting are anything the cast of Jersey Shore is doing or what Twilight's about. Things I've done so many times they've grown boring usually included algebra class, or history class. However that has now expanded to include calling the maintenance guys because it's raining in my bathroom.

Yes once again water is dripping from my ceiling. Or rather the gaping hole in my ceiling from the last time they fixed it. I discovered when I called maintenance that I was pretty apathetic about it. I heard the dripping and almost thought "shit" then just stopped caring. I just walked into my bathroom saw the dripping and walked over to my phone where I called the leasing office and discovered I even had the number for going directly to "maintenance emergency" memorized. (I didn't even stop making my peanut butter sandwich while I did so.)

Apathy's just one of those things everyone has about certain things. Something like free indoor rainstorms is probably not the best thing to be apathetic about. This make the fourth time it's happened. I was quite frantic the first couple times, but now just could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment