Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Note On Impatience

I am a horribly impatient person. Waiting drives me absolutely insane. I can think of nothing more torturous (not counting actual torture) than waiting. Honestly, it's just painful. I hate sitting still if there's not something for my mind to focus on. Waiting is the worst. Even if I have a book, yoyo, or pen to amuse my self with the waiting sits at the back of my mind and nags.

My mind is realling with thoughts. Not necesarily paranoid thoughts about what happened to the person I'm waiting for, but more along the lines of, "hurry up, damn it!" Or "since they're probably not showing up anytime soon I'll count ceiling tiles." I have a different thought roughly every second while I'm waiting.

Waiting for something to happen soon is the worst. I'm talking about being picked up, having visitors, etc. Then there's waiting for a plan like going to a concert, hanging out with friends you haven't seen in awhile, etc. After that there's waiting for stuff in the mail. That one's just annoying. It's not really that bothersome, but just nagging enough to cause an itch in the back of my thoughts.

Apparently, I look completely calm and collected to everyone else. While in my mind I'm going completely insane, to everyone else I look like I'm just chilling. As if I'm like, "whatever, if my dad forgets me it's no big deal."

A friend of mine cited an example. When we were hanging out at the high school last year for the Beginning Drama Plays. We ordered a pizza from Domino's.

First, the jackass delivery guy didn't actually enter the building so we didn't know he was there and he left. Then we called Domino's wondering about our pizza and were informed this. So we reordered our pizza, told them to go inside this time, and waited out front anyways just for safe measure. We waited and no one showed up, so we called again. They informed us that they thought it was a prank, so we ordered again. Finally an hour and a half after our original order the delivery guy showed up with our pizza. Domino's gave a free box of cinammon bread in an attempt to make up for it, but I wasn't a very generous tipper. (This story is one of two the main reason I haven't eaten from Domino's since. The second main reason is that I'm allergic to tomatos and when people order pizza they forget this fact.) By all logical reason I should have been flipping the heck out.

When I am hungry I tend to get hyperactive and twitchy. (Sort of a weird biological thing where instead of it saying, "I'm gonna shut down now." It says, "Dude, I'm hungry! Let's go kill something! I think I saw a rabbit over there!" (Not neccesarily that dramatic.) Basically I become the equivalent of a less cute nonleash trained puppy. On this occassion involving Domino's, I should have looked just as insane as I felt. According to my friend though I still remained calm.

There are a few reason's as to why I probably didn't look like I was two steps away from having a seizure and neither had anything to do with my normally calm appearance.
1. While we were waiting inside I was watching another friend of mine draw boobs in my yearbook and a vagina with teeth in another friend's yearbook (honestly high school can get weird when people are bored). I was thoroughly entertained by this. When this ended, we called Domino's.
2. While waiting outside there was god aweful amounts of sand left over from the senior prank so I got to play with that. When I got bored we called Domino's
3. The person I liked came out to hang out with us (and likely bum pizza). I spent the rest of the time flirting with them and having a dandelion war with them, so I wasn't really that worried about pizza anymore.
4. By the pizza actually showed up I was covered dandelion seeds, in a good mood, and so far past the point of being hungry that I was no longer Twitchy Gonzales (the less well known relative of Speedy).

4 comments:

  1. Very Funny Girl! Where do you get your quirky humor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since your mother you should probably be able to tell me. Likely it's just from hours or watching Monty Python, BBC America, and old cartoons as a small child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As well as living with all you people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well since your mother you should probably be able to tell me. Likely it's just from hours or watching Monty Python, BBC America, and old cartoons as a small child.

    ReplyDelete