Thursday, March 29, 2012

Determined

Ever had one of those projects that was totally out to screw you? I'm currently working on one of those. It's one of those things that just doesn't seem to work out for you and when it seems that it is, it does something that complicates and totally undoes your previous solution.

For art class I have to do a sculpture out of soapstone. It started out working quite well. Then a chunk of it cracked off. Freaked me out for a minute then I realized that it cracked off almost exactly how I planned to carve it. I just modified my original idea a bit and continued on. I was working on it again and it was going awesomely. I was having no issues then it just cracked right in half. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix it this time, but I'm pretty sure this means war!

The thing that gets me is that it's actually a fun project and I'm enjoying working on it, but it just keeps insisting on being a pain in the ass. Every time I crack it, it makes me more determined to get this sculpture to work. I've determined that this project is out to screw me, but I refuse to let it do so.

Let's see how long my determination lasts. If it cracks again, I might just end up chucking it across the room and calling it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment