Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Procrastinating

Okay people time to own up to being procrastinators. Everyone does it at some point. I don't care who you are. You've done it. There is no person who does everything when they first are informed that it needs to be done. It just doesn't happen. No one does exactly what their told to do right when they're told to do it (the exception being if they're afraid for their lives).

I personally am a huge procrastinator. I wait until the last minute for almost everything and a lot of the time I end up missing my chance. Often times though I end up getting something done though. That is the times when people leave me alone. Tell me to do something once, maybe twice (at times, I've got the attention span of a gold fish) and I will get it done. If you tell me more than twice there is a pretty good chance that I won't do it at all (or I'll half ass it). The more a person tells me to do something the longer it takes for me to get in a good mood so I'm actually willing to do it.

When I do something I have to find a way to make it fun. Otherwise, I get bored. When I get bored with something, there is a very big chance that I will not finish it (or will half ass it). When I need to do something that's not fun or interesting (like doing the dishes) then I have to do something to keep myself from getting bored.

Here's how a person can get me to do something:
1. Get me in a good mood
2. Ask me nicely to do it (tell what is is and by what time you need it done)
3. Don't give details of how to do it (unless it's something different from how it would normally be done). I will ask questions if I have them.
4. Ask me again if I haven't done it already (make sure that I actually haven't done it)
5. Don't remind me again
6. Have patience and don't mention it to me again.

If you follow those steps I might actually get something done. If a teacher/parent/friend keeps asking me to do something/keeps telling me that it needs to get it done/keeps telling me how to do it, I will likely never finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment