Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Pirates Incident

My family has a complete inability to go see a movie together. Whenever we try to, we end up fighting.

There are many instances in which we attempted to attend a movie as a family, but turned around and went home before we even got close to the theater (most of these happened to be when we were going to see Harry Potter movies). Then after more yelling we turned back around and went to see the movie. (It's a complicated process.

The last attempte was we made was when we went to go see Pirates of the Carribean 4 (No one keeps track after what that one's called). It actually started out really nicely. We got down to the theater (on time) without any yelling or arguments. It wasn't until we were done with the movie and in the car heading home that things went crazy.

My dad started going on about how you could make a really good historically accurate movie about a pirate that actually existed and blah blah blah. While he was going on about this my younger sister said something to me. I don't remember what it was. It was nothing significant. We start having our own conversation, then my dad truns around and starts yelling at us for being rude.

I wasn't aware that we were part of the conversation (really a lecture, but try and tell him that). We thought that he was talking to our mom. So he's starts yelling at us for interrupting him. My sister yelled that she was sorry and stuck her elbow on the open window trying to ignor the yelling man in the front seat. My mom then decided to roll up the window in order to make the car quieter.

So there we were on the highway. My dad's yelling at us for being rude. My sister is yelling because her arms rolled up in the window. My mom's trying to figure out how to roll the window down while she's trying driving.

My mom rolled down the window freeing my sister's arm, pulled over and got out of the car to see if she was okay. My dad is now yelling at me. He yells, "This is why i don't like to go anywhere with you!" I yell back that exact same sentence and the car goes silent.

It is determined that my sister will survive, my dad turns back around and my mom gets back behind the wheel. We pull back onto the highway. The car is silent for a couple minutes then my mom says, "So what were you saying?" My dad being offended started whining about how no one's listening anyways. My mom replies, "I was listening."

It took my dad all of two seconds to continue babbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment