Monday, March 19, 2012

They Always Die

SPOILER ALERTS!!!!!
Don't read if you don't want to know about deaths in Mysterious Island, Firefly/Serenity, Rorouni Kenshin, Harry Potter, V for Vendetta,or Pretty Little Liars.
I've done my best not to give to much away, but there still might be something given away.
Consider yourself warned!

For some reason, in my favorite shows and movies, my favorite character dies. It's almost always the case. There must be something about the type of character's I like that makes authors and writers want to kill them off. Seriously it never fails.

In the made for TV miniseries, Mysterious Island, the one main character that dies is the one that was my favorite.

In Firefly (or rather the movie Serenity) the one main character that dies is my favorite character.

In Rorouni Kenshin the one main character that dies is my favorite. (Later's it turns out she's not actually dead, but still.)

In Harry Potter two of my favorite characters were picked off in the last book. (I know I'm not alone in this one. Mostly because a lot of people die.)

In V for Vendetta everyone loves the main character that dies, so everyone is sad when he dies.

And now today while watching the season finally of Pretty Little Liars, the one of the two characters they kill off (Allison doesn't count) happened to be my favorite character.

Seriously what the heck? Why does my favorite character always die? If in a book, movie, or television series they are going to kill off a character, it's likely going to be one of the ones that I consider my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment