Monday, April 23, 2012

Shoe Shopping

On Saturday, I had an epiphany. The one thing my family never fights while doing is shoe shopping.

I seriously can't remember a single time that my family has argued while shoe shopping (and I remember almost everything.) While someone's trying on shoes, we'll all sit and wait. We make fun of each other and no one gets offended. My dad doesn't even get grumpy if you steal his hat. (Seriously, don't steal his hat!)

My sister tried on half a million pairs of shoes in order to find the perfect pair to go with her prom dress. We mock complained that it was taking forever, but no one actually got grumpy about it. It's absolutely amazing. Who knew the one thing a family who can't go to the grocery store, go see a movie, get haircuts, or occupy the same room for more than an hour, could go shoe shopping for a good two or three hours without having an argument.

Note, that when we stopped to get my hair cut earlier that day my mom and sister were in a yelling match and when we first left the house one of my smart ass comments pissed off my dad. Either we got it all out before we got to the shoes or there is a magical energy about shoe shopping that keeps my family from wanting to stab each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment