Friday, April 20, 2012

Smart Asses

I am a smart ass and proud of it. At almost any given moment, I have a smart ass comment running through my head. That being said, I don't always say these comments. I have a habit of keeping my mouth shut when it's going to get me in trouble. (Seriously people, it save a lot of time yelling.) If I know someone will appreciate it I will say it loud and proud. When I'm not sure, I'll mutter it loud enough that it could be heard, but not loud enough that it will direct attention. And when I know I'll get it trouble, whisper it to the person next to me who will appreciate it or I will keep it in my head and amuse myself. All that being said, I love people who are smart asses. Life's to short not to make fun of it. (Just like you do to your friends who are shorter than you.)

Yesterday, I had a job interview. After school, my dad picked me up and drove me to the interview. I was wearing a black dress shirt with black tie, corduroy pants, and of course, my signature  wallet and chain. I was also carrying my pink Winnie the Pooh umbrella because it was raining earlier. After the interview, my dad was late to pick me up (and no one is surprised.) I was waiting around outside for about fifty minutes waiting for him. The weather decided to be sunny for a little bit. I was wandering around the sidewalk waiting, holding my rolled up pink umbrella, and overall, just looking bored.

While chilling on the sidewalk, this older lady was walking. She stopped right before she got to me and said, "Oh, this must be serious, with your gold chains and pink umbrella!" It was wonderfully sarcastic. Totally made my day. I hope that when I'm an old lady, I say stuff like that to bored looking teenagers.

As soon as she said it, I realized it must be an odd sight. A teenager wearing mostly black, standing on a sidewalk near a senior center and performing arts studio, wearing a chain, and twirling pink Winnie the Pooh umbrella. If I'd seen it, I don't know if I could have not said something about it. I probably looked like I was trying to be all cool with my outfit, then totally forgot about it when it started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment