Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Snow Day

It is currently snowing like Zeus is pissed. Two days ago it was super warm and sunny. Now there is snow everywhere. Enough that school was canceled. Even though school was canceled it didn't really affect me that much. I still had to get up early, feed the animal and get a wisdom tooth yanked out.

For starters getting to the dentist was in itself interesting. Since, (as I've mentioned a couple time previously) it is blizzarding we had to leave twice as early as we normally would. On the way, I spotted a sign for extreme fire danger (with a red flag flapping and everything). I personally find this entertaining. I would love to see someone start a fire out there. (Please don't actually accept this challenge.)

When we actually go to the dentists office. I stepped out of the car onto a parking lot that was completely covered in black ice. I stepped out and did the whole cartoon character on ice, scrambling in place thing until I got hold of the car door and stabled myself.

At the office, they injected my gums with numbing stuff and after a minute of pressing on my face, the sucker popped right out. It actually was basically what I expected. I just figured it would take longer. The only problem I have with this whole tooth removal business, is the numbing crap. The left side of my face is numb and honestly I'd kind of prefer the pain to having my face numb. It is my opinion that pain is far less annoying than numbness. It should be noted that this is coming from a frequently injured person, so my pain tolerance is quite high. Although, if my tooth was ripped out without numbing stuff, I'd likely be eating my words after they'd been pureed, so I could actually do so.

After this whole excursion to the dentist, we got home and my sister informed my parents that we needed to go check on a friends dog. We'd been checking up on the dogs while the family was gone to Arizona. Well thanks to this lovely thing called weather they can't get back, so they asked if we could check on them again. As previously stated it is nasty out there, my mom was by no means thrilled that she had to get back in the car and drive basically back to the same area as where I got my teeth ripped out. But, there is a simple solution to keep this from happening again. It's called cell phones. If my parents had cell phones my sister could have easily called them and informed them of this before we returned to our house in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment