Monday, April 30, 2012

Timing

Timing is everything. Yes, that is a cliche, but it's true. If you took your entire day and shifted it off by a minute, things would be surprisingly different. Today timing has been messing with me. It woke up this morning and said, "I haven't messed with anyone for awhile. Who's a good candidate? Hmm... I've got it!"

This morning I was woken up at 4:00 am. I woke up  to the sound of someone screaming, crying and begging for mercy (there is nothing more disturbing than that when you're half awake). The voice sounded a scary amount like my younger sister's. I wasn't quite awake enough to come up with a legit idea as to what was going on, so I quietly got out of bed and crept toward my bedroom door. Upon stepping into the hallway I realized the sound was coming from downstairs. My dad was watching a horror movie or something. The volume was up so loud it woke me up. (This is not an easy task people! I can and have slept through canon fire.) I have two words for my dad, "HEARING AID!" (said loud enough that he can hear it or quietly enough that he can't hear it and won't yell at me for saying so.) I shut the door at the top of the stairs and my bedroom door, yet could still here the TV. I turned on some music and spent about twenty minutes trying to sleep. 

Between Drama and Government (about 11:30 am), I decided to go to the restroom. Boy did I choose the wrong moment to pee! As soon as I sat down, the intercom burst out yelling, "LOCK DOWN! LOCK DOWN! LOCK DOWN!" Honestly, of all the times to call a lock down. This right here is proof that some mysterious force was enjoying themselves. I had to scramble around, then go find a class room that I could join. It's good thing that students in my school are about as organized as a kindergarten classroom. If they had any sense of efficiency, I'd have been stuck sitting in the lou for a good ten minutes.

At lunch (about 12:30 pm), I chose a table in the sun to sit at while I ate my lunch. I group of dumb-asses were goofing around and squirting water at each other. They were actually a fair distance away so I wasn't worried about it. As I was just about to finish my lunch, I stream of water flew across the distance of about thirty feet and covered me in water. I was a total of ten seconds away from standing up to throw away some garbage.

After I was squirted, timing decided that it had had it's fun and left me alone. In fact, it timed it so that when I went to bother my friend, I got a free cookie. As much as everyone hates Mondays, I enjoyed today; even though I was half asleep for most of it (seriously dad, HEARING AID!)

No comments:

Post a Comment