Sunday, April 8, 2012

Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Family

Today has been surprisingly mellow. We went to church and no one complained about having to go or got grumpy because of what someone else said. We had people come over  for dinner and there were no panic attacks about getting things ready. My mom even forgot to make the squash yet she still didn't freak out. I didn't even get scolded for ignoring the church service and making a ninja star out of my bulletin. I'm completely baffled.

Usually on any holiday ever (or really just any day in general) I get yelled at for at least something. Come to think of it I didn't even get yelled at to get out of bed this morning. My dad willingly helped with all the chores. No one got frazzled or angry about anything. At least not when I happened to be there to witness it. I'm seriously starting to think that my family's been replaced by plant like aliens. (Yes, an Invasion of the Body Snatchers reference was necessary.) To quote my sister, "I'm so confused!"

While eating dessert, we had a thoughtful conversation about drug use and no one got angry. If we attempted that at any other time, my family would be yelling at each other, someone would flip a chair over, and inevitably someone would end up grounded. We discussed the various types and uses without anyone even cringing. This is something that is not done in my family. (see Problem Solving)

I don't know if it's because it's Easter. Or if there was something in the candy they gave us at church. Or even if my family has been replaced by cooperative robots. All I know is that it usually doesn't make a difference what day it is. Someone yells at someone. It's even more likely to happen on days when we are going to have company (pretty much all holidays).

I probably shouldn't be wasting my time trying to figure out and should just be enjoying it, but my mind is so blown, I can't fathom what might have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment